Marzipan for Fruitcake
This recipe makes 20 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 8 oz (250 g), enough for 20 servings
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupicing sugar
- 1 cup 1cupground almonds
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsplemon juice
- 1 dash 1dashalmond extract
- 1 1egg yolkegg yolks, beaten
On work surface, combine granulated sugar, icing sugar and ground almonds; make well in centre. Add lemon juice, almond extract and egg yolk to make stiff but manageable dough. Turn onto lightly sugared surface; knead until smooth (over-kneading will turn dough oily). Roll out to cover cake.
Additional information : Tip: Spread a little melted and strained apricot jam over cake before topping it with this marzipan.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2009