Mascarpone Berry Towers
Mascarpone Berry Tower
Photography by Matthew Kimura
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 12 12square wonton wrapperwonton wrappers, (about quarter 400g pkg)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspbutter, melted
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2 cups 2cupsfrozen mixed berries, thawed and undrained
- 2 tbsp 2tbsporange-flavoured liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhipping cream
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupicing sugar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspvanilla
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmascarpone cheese or sour cream
Arrange wonton wrappers in single layer on baking sheet. Brush with half of the butter; sprinkle with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the granulated sugar. Turn and repeat. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven, turning once, until crisp and golden, 8 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
Meanwhile, in bowl, toss together berries, liqueur and remaining granulated sugar; let stand for 10 minutes.
In bowl, whip together cream, icing sugar and vanilla; fold into mascarpone in 2 additions.
For each serving, place scant 1 tsp (5 mL) cream mixture on centre of plate to secure tower. Place 1 wonton wrapper on cream mixture; top with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) cream mixture and heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL) berries. Repeat twice to make 3 layers.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2006