Oatmeal Coconut Cookie Ice-Cream Sandwiches
This recipe makes 8 servings
|per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||16 g|
- Portion size: 8
Oatmeal and raisins go from everyday favourites to special frozen treats.
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupshredded sweetened coconut
- 4 cups 4cupsrum raisin ice cream Oatmeal Coconut Thins:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 1 1eggeggs
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupall-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupquick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupshredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
On large baking sheet, toast coconut in 350°F (180°C) oven until golden, about 8 minutes; let cool.
Oatmeal Coconut Thins: In bowl, beat together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light; beat in egg. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, oats, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt ; add all at once to butter mixture and stir until blended.
Drop by 16 rounded 1 tbsp (15 mL), 4 inches (10 cm) apart, onto parchment paper-lined or greased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until golden, about 12 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 3 minutes. Transfer to racks; let cool completely.
Spread 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cream on bottom of each of 8 cookies. Sandwich with second cookie. Roll side in coconut. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze in airtight container until firm, at least 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Freeze for up to 2 days.) Makes 8 servings.
Source : August 2009