This recipe makes 6 servings
- Portion size: 6
Harvest an orchardful of flavour with this old-fashioned cobbler.
- 7 cups 7cupssliced and peeled pearpears
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuppacked brown sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspcornstarch
- 1 tbsp 1tbsplemon juice
- pinch pinchground nutmeg Biscuit Topping
- 1 cup 1cupall purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspbaking powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspbaking soda
- pinch pinchsalt
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcold butter Biscuit Flavouring
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupbuttermilk
In large bowl, gently toss pears with brown sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and nutmeg. Scrape into 8-inch (2 L) square glass baking dish.
Biscuit Topping: In bowl, whisk together flour; sugar; baking powder; baking soda and salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
Biscuit Flavouring: In measuring cup, stir lemon rind into buttermilk; drizzle over flour mixture, stirring with fork to form soft, sticky dough. With spoon, drop dough in 9 evenly spaced mounds over fruit.
Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 35 minutes or until bubbly and topping is light golden and no longer doughy underneath when lifted with spoon.