This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Portion size: 6
A creamy mild filling makes this pumpkin pie an annual crowd-pleaser.
- 1 9-inch (23 cm) 19-inch (23 cm)No-Fail Pie Crust recipe Filling:
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupspumpkin puree
- 1 cup 1cuppacked brown sugar
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupevaporated milk
- 2 2eggeggs, beaten
- 1 tsp 1tspcinnamon
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspnutmeg
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground ginger
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
Pastry recipe: No-Fail Pie Crust
Filling: In bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt.
Pour into pie shell. Bake in bottom third of 425°F (220°C) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F (180°C); bake for 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Let cool on rack.
Make this pumpkin pie even more special with fresh pumpkin purée made from local pumpkins. Click here to learn how.