Sugar Cookie Dough
This recipe makes 50 cookies servings
- Portion size: 50 (3-inch/8 cm cookies)
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupbutter, softened
- 1 cup 1cupgranulated sugar
- 1 1eggeggs
- 2 tsp 2tspvanilla
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspalmond extract or peppermint extract, (optional)
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking powder
In bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. If making Slice and Bake Angels, add almond extract; if making Two-Tone Twisters, add peppermint extract.
Stir flour with baking powder. Stir into butter mixture in 2 additions.
Divide dough in half; flatten into discs. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled, (Make ahead: Refirigerate dough for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks.)
Source : © CanadianLiving.com