Tea time dessert recipes
By Soo Kim and the Test Kitchen
Tiny tearoom desserts, perfect for showers or an Afternoon Tea.
- Roasted Leeks with Fennel Tomato Concasse
- Sweet Onion and Gorgonzola Pizza
- Moroccan-Style Pearl Onions
- Caramelized Onion Pie with Rice Crust
- Onion Pot Roast
- Squash and Caramelized Onion Lasagna
- Onion and Potato Pizza
- Mellow Liver and Onions
- Sweet Onion and Radicchio Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Roasted Squash, Onion and Fennel Toss
- Fish Tacos With Mango-Avocado Salsa
- Blue Cheese and Walnut Mushrooms
- Steak Tacos With Pebre Salsa
- Lemongrass Chicken Tacos
- Lemony Penne With Chicken and Artichokes
- Orange-Glazed Pork Chops With Hazelnut Green Beans
- Tofu Noodle Stir-Fry
- Farfalle With Prosciutto and Olives
- Shrimp With Edamame Succotash
- Linguine With Tuna and Mushrooms
Put the kettle on and invite your closest friends over for home-style versions of popular tearoom treats, including Date and Prune Squares, Apple Rhubarb Turnovers and Chocolate Chunk Shortbread plus many more.
What's the difference between Afternoon Tea and High Tea?
An elegant afternoon meal of tea, scones, finger sandwiches and tiny desserts, begun in the 19th century. The story is the 7th Duchess of Bedford started invited friends for tea, sweets like the ones listed below, and sandwiches in the afternoon to bridge the gap between breakfast and late dinner.
Often used interchangeably with Afternoon Tea today, true High Tea was actually a 5pm meal served to children and/or hungry factory workers when they returned from the job. Meals consisted of meat pies and fish & chips.
Grease and flour 8- or 9-inch (1.2 or 1.5 L) round metal cake pan; line bottom with parchment paper. Set aside. I...
Pâte Sucrée: In food processor, pulse together flour, sugar and salt; pulse in butter until in coarse crumb...
Chocolate Shortbread Fingers
In bowl, cream butter with sugar. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, c...
Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
In bowl and using wooden spoon, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until light. In separate bowl, whisk flour with cornstarch; stir into b...
Apple Rhubarb Turnovers
You will have more than enough icing, so you may want to drizzle on a little extra. If you're in a hurry, use 1 pkg (397 g) frozen puff pastry instead...
Date and Prune Squares
In bowl, combine dates, prunes and boiling water; cover and let stand for 20 minutes. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mash with fork until smooth. ...