Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice-Cream Sandwiches
This recipe makes 10 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||32 g|
|sat. fat||16 g|
- Portion size: 10
The addition of chopped chocolate bars makes these irresistible. With these treats waiting in the freezer, there's no last-minute fussing for dessert.
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsvanilla, chocolate or butterscotch ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup 1cuptoffee bits, finely chopped pecans or coloured sprinkles Toffe Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupbutter, softened
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspvanilla
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 4 4(39 g each) chocolate-covered toffee barchocolate-covered toffee bars, chopped
- 1 cup 1cupsemisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped pecanpecans
Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper or grease; set aside.
Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies: In large bowl, beat butter with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt ; stir into butter mixture in 2 additions. Stir in toffee bars, chocolate chips and pecans.
Roll dough by heaping tablespoonfuls (15 mL) into twenty 2-inch (5 cm) balls. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared pans. Flatten to 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness, rounding edges with fingers. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F (180°C) oven, rotating and switching pans halfway through, until edges are golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to racks; let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 weeks.)
Spread about 1/4 cup (50 mL) ice cream on bottom of each of 10 cookies; top ice cream with second cookie. Roll sides in toffee bits.
Wrap cookies individually in plastic wrap; freeze in airtight container until firm, about 4 hours. (Make-ahead: Freeze for up to 5 days.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2005