White Chocolate Almond Pound Cake
This recipe makes 24 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 24
With all the buttery denseness of a pound cake, this one has the added glamour of white chocolate.
- 1 cup 1cupbutter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsgranulated sugar
- 3 3eggeggs
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspalmond extract
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupground almondalmonds
- 2 tsp 2tspbaking powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmilk
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupslivered almonds
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhite chocolate chips Topping:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupwhite chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupslivered almonds, toasted
In bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. Beat in almond extract. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of flour mixture and 2 of milk. Stir in slivered almonds and chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared pan.
Bake in centre of 325°F (160°C) oven until golden and cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 1-1/2 hours. Let cake cool in pan on rack; turn out onto plate and let cool.
Topping: Drizzle white chocolate down centre of loaf; sprinkle with almonds. (Make-ahead: Wrap in plastic wrap and store for up to 3 days or overwrap in heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 2 weeks.) Cut into 12 slices; cut each in half.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com