Basic Tomato and Cheese Pizza
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time : 25 minutes
- Portion size: 4 to 6 servings
Top with your favourite ingredients.
- 1 lb 1lbprepared pizza dough
- 2 tbsp 2tbspall-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcornmeal
- 1 1can (28 oz/796 mL) whole tomatoes (i)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupolive oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsmozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfresh basil leaffresh basil leaves, optional
On lightly floured surface, sprinkle dough with flour; cover with tea towel and let rest for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cornmeal evenly over 17- x 11-inch (43 x 28 cm) rimmed baking sheet or 12-inch (30 cm) round pizza pan. On floured surface, shape and stretch dough by pressing with fingertips then pulling at edges to fit pan; transfer to pan.
With scissors, cut up tomatoes in can; drain. Transfer to food processor and process until smooth. Stir in olive oil and salt. Spread evenly over dough; top with cheese. Bake in bottom third of 425°F (220°C) oven until crust is golden, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with basil (if using).