Our best veggie burgers
By The Canadian Living Test Kitchen
Vegetarians, vegans, health nuts and food lovers will all adore this variety of veggie burgers - each bursting with herbs, spices, nuts and special sauces.
- Salmon en Papillote with Fennel and Roasted Peppers
- Chicken with Pesto Cream Sauce
- Fish Burgers with Light Tartar Sauce
- Garlic Sesame Fish on Bok Choy
- Chicken Fingers with Sweet Potato Oven Fries
- Thai-Style Beef Salad
- Slow-Cooker Picadillo
- Pot Roast with Vegetable Gravy
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup with Tofu
- Black Bean Quesadillas
- Fish Tacos With Mango-Avocado Salsa
- Blue Cheese and Walnut Mushrooms
- Steak Tacos With Pebre Salsa
- Lemongrass Chicken Tacos
- Lemony Penne With Chicken and Artichokes
- Orange-Glazed Pork Chops With Hazelnut Green Beans
- Tofu Noodle Stir-Fry
- Farfalle With Prosciutto and Olives
- Shrimp With Edamame Succotash
- Linguine With Tuna and Mushrooms
These burgers aren't just for vegetarians. They each have their own unique flavours and are guaranteed to delight meat-eaters, vegetarians and vegans alike. Each burger is made from a different base and has its own mouth-watering toppings to complement the patty.
Curried Lentil Cashew Burger
Toasted cashews are the stars of this curry-flavoured veggie burger. Omit the slice of gouda cheese for a filling vegan sandwich.
Bean Burgers with Coriander Cream
From our book and video, Fast-Fix 5 Ingredient Cooking (Robert Rose Inc., 1997), here is a delicious vegetarian burger. Experiment with various toppin...
Vegetarian Chickpea Burgers
These are similar to falafels but are not deep-fried. You can refrigerate them for up to 8 hours before cooking.
Lentil Mushroom Burgers
Here's a vegan alternative for the vegetarians at the party. For a nonvegan option, sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese for the last couple of minut...
Portobello Burger Melts
Serve with coleslaw, finish with Strawberry Delights (see recipe below).
Egg serves as the perfect binder for bean burgers. For variety, add grated carrot or sunflower seeds. For sweetness, substitute mango chutney for the ...