Bean Salad with Mustard Dill Dressing
This recipe makes 6 servings
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6
This simplified version of classic bean salad is from my book The Comfort Food Cookbook (Robert Rose Inc., 1997).
- 1 lb 1lbgreen beangreen beans
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped red onion
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh dill Dressing:
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspDijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
Trim beans; cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths.
In pot of boiling salted water, cook beans for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp. Drain and chill under cold running water; drain. Transfer to serving bowl. Add chick-peas, onion and dill.
Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over beans and toss well. (Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 hour.)
Additional information :