Beef and Dill Dumpling Filling
|Per 2-1/2 tsp (12 mL) : about||-|
|total fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 60 dumplings
Dill isn't usually associated with Chinese cooking, but here it is used by the handful to blend wonderfully with the beef.
- 2 cups 2cupsfinely chopped napa cabbage, (5 oz/105 g)
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 1 lb 1lbmedium or lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsfinely chopped fresh dill
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupminced green oniongreen onions
- 1 1eggeggs, beaten
- 1 1hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspsoy sauce
- 2 tsp 2tspsesame oil
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspblack pepper
Toss cabbage with 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of the salt; let stand for 20 minutes. Squeeze out moisture. Transfer to large bowl.
Add beef, dill, onion, egg, hot pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, pepper and remaining salt ; mix well.
Learn how to wrap a perfect batch of dumplings with our step-by-step photographed instructions.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2009