Berries with Sabayon
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||4 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 6
- 2 cups 2cupsstrawberrystrawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup 1cupraspberryraspberries
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupslivered almonds, lightly toasted (optional)
- 4 4egg yolkegg yolks
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdry Marsala wine or fruity white wine, (such as Riesling)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
In bowl, combine strawberries and raspberries. Divide among 6 dessert goblets or dishes. Set aside.
Sabayon: In large heatproof bowl over saucepan of gently simmering (not boiling) water, whisk together egg yolks, Marsala and sugar until thick enough to mound softly on spoon, 5 to 7 minutes. Spoon over fruit. Sprinkle with almonds (if using).
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: June 2009