Berry Breakfast Sundaes
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||17 g|
|sat. fat||8 g|
- Portion size: 4
Individually quick frozen (IQF) berry mixes are a great way to enjoy summer fruit all year long. Look for brands such as Europe's Best for the best firm whole-berry texture.
- 3 cups 3cupsBalkan-style plain yogurt
- 1 tsp 1tspfinely grated lemon rind
- 1 tsp 1tsplemon juice
- 1 cup 1cupCranberry Blueberry Granola Recipe Mixed Berry Sauce:
- 3 cups 3cupsmixe mixed berries, (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and quartered strawberries), fresh or thawed
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 2 tbsp 2tbspblack currant juice (such as Ribena) or lemon juice
Line sieve with double-thickness cheesecloth; set over bowl. Spoon in yogurt; cover and drain in refrigerator for 1 hour to make about 2 cups (500 mL). (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
In small bowl, stir together drained yogurt, lemon rind and juice.
Mixed Berry Sauce: Meanwhile, place all but 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the mixed berries in large bowl. In separate bowl, crush remaining berries with fork; stir in sugar and black currant juice until dissolved. Add to mixed berries and toss. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
In each of 4 parfait glasses, layer about 1/4 cup (50 mL) yogurt mixture, 1/4 cup (50 mL) berry sauce and 2 tbsp (25 mL) granola; repeat layers once.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2006