Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
This recipe makes 22 1 tbsp (15 mL) servings
|Per 1 tbsp (15 mL) : about||-|
|total fat||0 g|
|sat. fat||0 g|
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time : 2 minutes Chill: 1 week
- Total time : PT7M
- Portion size: 1-1/3 cups (325 mL)
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupswhite balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup 1cupblueberryblueberries
- 1 strip 1striplemon rind
- 2 2fresh thyme sprigfresh thyme sprigs
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
In saucepan, combine vinegar with blueberries, mashing slightly.
With back of knife, scrape any white pith off lemon rind; add rind to pan along with thyme and salt. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Discard thyme and lemon rind.
Seal in heatproof jar. Refrigerate for 1 week. Strain through cheesecloth-lined sieve into clean jar. Refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: July 2010