Braised Bok Choy
This recipe makes 4 servings
|total fat||5 g|
- Portion size: 4 servings
Move over, potatoes and carrots – this Asian-inspired veggie side is a dinner-time hit.
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tsp 1tspcornstarch
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchgranulated sugar
- 1 pinch 1pinchpepper
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lb 1lbbaby bok choy, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp 1tspsesame oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsesame seeds
In small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, salt, sugar and pepper; set aside.
In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic for 5 seconds. Add bok choy; stir-fry until bright green, about 2 minutes. Cover and steam, stirring occasionally, until stalks are tender-crisp, 4 to 8 minutes.
Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until nearly no liquid remains, about 2 minutes. Transfer to plate; drizzle with sesame oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Source : Canadian Living Special Issue: Make-Ahead Meals 2009