Braised Chicken Breasts with Exotic Mushrooms
This recipe makes 6 servings
- Portion size: 6
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 3 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb 1lbexotic mushroommushrooms, (shiitake,enoki, morel & chanterelle) trimmed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp 2tbspdried oregano
- 1 tbsp 1tbspherbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 6 6chicken breastchicken breasts
- 1 cup 1cupchicken stock
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1tbspoyster sauce
- 1 tsp 1tspAsian chili sauce
- 3 tbsp 3tbspchopped fresh chivefresh chives
- 1 tsp 1tspgrated lemon rind
In large skillet or shallow Dutch oven, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook onion and garlic, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add mushrooms, cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened and slightly browned. Transfer to bowl.
Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, combine flour, oregano, herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Add chicken and turn to coat well. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken, about 5 minutes per side. Drain off fat. Return mushroom mixture to skillet.
In bowl, stir together stock, cream, oyster sauce and chili sauces; pour into skillet and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken to serving platter; tent with foil to keep warm. Bring sauce to boil; boil for about 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat back of spoon. Pour over chicken; sprinkle with chives and lemon rind.