Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 1 cup 1cupchopped oniononions
- 1 cup 1cupthinly sliced carrotcarrots
- 1 cup 1cupdiced potatopotatoes
- 1/4 lb 1/4lbkielbasa sausagekielbasa sausages, (sliced and quartered)
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)tomatoes, (undrained) coarsely chopped
- 4 cups 4cupsshredded cabbage
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupshot beef stock
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppaprika
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
In large heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook onions, carrots, potatoes and kielbasa for 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
Stir in tomatoes, cabbage, beef stock, parsley, sugar, paprika and pepper; cover and bring to boil.
Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Source : © CanadianLiving.com