Cajun Rainbow Trout
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
- Portion size: 4
This spice blend adds a little southern heat to farm-raised trout fillets. It's also delicious on salmon, chicken or steak.
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tsppaprika
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tsppepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspchili powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdry mustard
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried thyme
- 1 pinch 1pinchcayenne pepper
- 1 lb 1lbrainbow trout filletrainbow trout fillets, (1/2-inch/1 cm thick)
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 2 tsp 2tspfresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1green oniongreen onions, chopped
- 5 5lemon wedges
In small bowl, combine paprika, pepper, salt, oregano, chili powder, mustard, thyme and cayenne pepper; set aside.
Pat fillets dry; place, skin side down, on broiler rack. Lightly brush both sides of fillets with oil. Sprinkle both sides evenly with paprika mixture. Broil 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) from heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
Arrange fish on warmed serving platter; sprinkle with parsley and green onion. Squeeze 1 of the lemon wedges over fish; serve with remaining wedges.