Canadian Living Mexican Chili Lasagna
Photo: Mexican Lasagna
Photography by Yvonne Duivenvoorden
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||35 g|
|sat. fat||16 g|
Hearty and filling fare for hungry families.
- 1 can 1can(28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (1.5 L) 6cups (1.5 L)Field Meal Chili recipe
- 8 cups (2 L) 8 cups (2 L)baked tortilla chipbaked tortilla chips
- 2 cups (500 mL) 2 cups (500 mL)light sour cream
- 3 cups (750 mL) 3 cups (750 mL)shredded Cheddar cheese
See recipe for Field Meal Chili
Reserving juice for another use, drain tomatoes well; set aside.
Spread 3 cups (750 mL) of the chili in 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Sprinkle 3 cups (750 mL) of the chips over chili. Spoon 1 cup (250 mL) of the sour cream over chips. Spoon tomatoes over sour cream.
Layer with remaining sour cream, chips, then chili. Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 45 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2005