Cheese-and-Turkey Waffle Sandwiches
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per sandwich: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
- Portion size: 4
Go for protein by slipping a smoked turkey or ham sandwich into your morning routine. Using the waffle iron makes it a breeze to cook and gives it a fun-to-eat texture.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, softened
- 8 slices 8sliceswhole grain bread
- 2 tsp 2tspmustard, (optional)
- 4 slices 4slicessmoked turkey breast or smoked ham, (6 oz/175 g)
- 4 large slices 4large slicestomatotomatoes, (optional)
- 8 thin slices 8thin slicesSwiss cheese, (4 oz/125 g)
Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Arrange 4 of the slices, butter side down, on plate or waxed paper. Spread with mustard (if using).
Top with turkey, tomato (if using) and cheese. Top with remaining bread, butter side up.
In electric sandwich grill or square waffle iron, cook sandwiches on medium-high, 1 or 2 at a time, for about 4 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted. (Alternatively, cook in skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or in 350°F/180°C toaster oven for about 2 minutes per side.)
Source : © CanadianLiving.com