Cheese Onion Bread
This recipe makes 12 slices servings
|Per slice: about||-|
|total fat||7 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Total time : 4 hours
- Portion size: 1 loaf, or 12 slices
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsdiced onion
- 2 tsp 2tsppoppy seeds
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupwater
- 1 tsp 1tspgranulated sugar
- 1 tsp 1tspsalt
- 1 1eggeggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp 2tbspunsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups 3cupswhite bread flour
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbread machine yeast
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupshredded old Cheddar cheese
In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook onion, stirring occasionally, until translucent and softened, about 7 minutes. Let cool. Stir in poppy seeds. Set aside.
Into pan of bread machine, place in order: water, sugar, salt, egg, butter, flour and yeast. Set on Basic Bread setting.
When “add ingredient” signal beeps, add onion mixture and cheese.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: November 2010