Cheez Whiz Potato, Spinach and Leek Frittata
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||29 g|
|sat. fat||11 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 27 minutes
- Total time : PT42M
- Portion size: 4
- 2 tbsp 2tbspolive oil
- 4 4mini red potatomini red potatoes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspcoarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup 1cupsliced leekleeks, (white and light green parts only)
- 1 cup 1cupsliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupdiced sweet red pepper
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup 1cuppacked trimmed fresh spinach, julienned
- 8 8eggeggs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupshredded old Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupCheez Whiz, melted
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgrated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh chivefresh chives
In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook potatoes, salt and pepper until tender but firm, 10 to 12 minutes.
Add leeks, mushrooms, red pepper and garlic; cook until tender, 7 to 8 minutes. Add spinach; cook until wilted, about 1 minute.
In bowl, lightly beat eggs; whisk in Cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the Cheez Whiz. Pour over vegetable mixture in skillet; cook until side is set and centre is still slightly runny, about 7 minutes, lifting edge occasionally to allow uncooked eggs to flow underneath.
Drizzle with remaining Cheez Whiz; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil until brown and bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan and sprinkle with chives.
Additional information : Published in Canadian Living Magazine, August 2010, as part of the Cheez Whiz Challenge.