This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
The flavours of an Italian antipasto platter — cheese, marinated artichokes and crisp vegetables — combine in this predinner salad. Serve in individual lettuce or radicchio cups. Use leftover artichokes in a pasta dish or dip.
- 1/2 can (14 oz/398 mL) 1/2can (14 oz/398 mL)can artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 tbsp 3tbspextra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2tbspred wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 1/2 1/2sweet red peppersweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)chickpeachickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupshaved provolone cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh sage
Cut each artichoke into 6 wedges. In large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; stir in red pepper, chickpeas and artichokes. (Salad can be prepared to this point, covered and refrigerated for up to 4 hours; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.) Add cheese and sage; toss to combine.
Additional information :
Tip: To slice cheese thinly, make sure it is cold and use a vegetable peeler.