Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Spaghettini
- Portion size: 4 to 6
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
To butterfly a chicken breast, hold knife horizontally and cut chicken in half almost but not all the way through; open like book.
- 2 2chicken breastchicken breasts, butterflied
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 4 tsp 4tspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1small red onionred onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupthinly sliced drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/3 cups 1-1/3cupssodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhite wine
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 12 oz 12ozwhole wheat spaghettini or whole wheat capellini
- 5 cups 5cupsbaby spinach, (about 142 g)
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcrumbled goat cheese, (about 90 g)
Sprinkle chicken with half each of the salt and pepper. In large nonstick skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown and cook chicken until no longer pink inside, about 6 minutes. Transfer to cutting board; cut into pieces.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook onion over medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and garlic; cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in butter. Return chicken and any juices to pan; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid.
Toss in spinach, chicken mixture and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to coat. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2011