Chicken and Vegetable Lettuce Spring Rolls
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||10 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Portion size: 4
Set out all the components for this crunchy entrée for everyone to assemble (children enjoy choosing the foods they like best). Just pick up a roast chicken at the supermarket or grill extra the night before.
- 2 cups 2cupsshredded cooked chickenchickens
- 1 1sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 2carrotcarrots, grated
- 5 5radishradishes, julienned
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, sliced
- 1 cup 1cupbean sprouts
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupfresh coriander leaffresh coriander leaves
- 1 1Boston leaf lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 tsp 2tsphoisin sauce Dressing:
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuprice vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1tbsptoasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp 1tbspfish sauce
- 2 tsp 2tspgranulated sugar
- 2 tsp 2tspsesame oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsphot pepper sauce
Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, sesame seeds, fish sauce, sugar, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; set aside.
Arrange chicken, yellow pepper, carrots, radishes, onions, bean sprouts and coriander leaves on platter for each diner to assemble on lettuce leaf. Drizzle with dressing and hoisin sauce. Fold in or roll up lettuce.
Additional information :
Substitution: Use small cooked shrimp, cubed pork or herbed tofu instead of the chicken.
Tip: To julienne the radish, slice thinly, then stack slices and cut into thin strips.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: August 2003