Chicken Artichoke Casserole with Orange Gremolata
This recipe makes 12 servings
- Portion size: 12
- 12 12boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupolive oil
- 2 package 2package(284 g each) pearl onionpearl onions, (about 4 cups/1L) peeled
- 2 2sweet yellow peppersweet yellow peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 2 cans 2cans(28 ounces/796 mL each) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup 1cupslivered dry-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 4 tsp 4tspdried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tbsp 1tbspanchovy paste
- 3 cans 3cans(14 ounces/398 mL each) artichoke heartartichoke hearts, drained and cut_in thirds
- Pinch Pinchgranulated sugar Orange Gremolata
- 1 cup 1cupchilled fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcoarsely grated orange rind
- 4 4cloves garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
Cut chicken into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. In Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken in batches, adding a bit more oil if necessary, and transferring browned pieces to large bowl.
Add remaining oil to pan; cook onions and diced yellow peppers, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Stir in diced tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, seasoning, anchovy paste, artichoke hearts, chicken with any accumulated juices and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
Divide chicken mixture between two 12-cup (3 L) shallow casseroles. (Make ahead: Refrigerate until cool, cover with foil and refrigerate for up to 1 day.)
Bake casseroles, covered with foil, in oven for about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Orange Gremolata: In small bowl, stir together parsley, orange rind and garlic. (Make ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.) Sprinkle over casseroles before serving.