Chicken Caesar Salad with Garlic Croutons
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||25 g|
|sat. fat||5 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time : 10 minutes
- Total time : PT25M
- Portion size: 4
Cost: $3.81 per serving
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspsalt
- 3/4 tsp 3/4tspdried Italian herb seasoning
- 1 1large clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lb 1lbboneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 1/2whole wheat baguette
- 6 cups 6cupstorn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup 1cupcherry tomatocherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup 1cupshaved Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2tbspwhite wine vinegar
- 2 tsp 2tspanchovy paste
- 2 tsp 2tsplemon juice
- 1 tsp 1tspDijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1tspworstershire sauce
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
In bowl, combine oil, salt, herb seasoning and garlic; brush one-third over chicken.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 10 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, cut baguette into 1-inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Add to remaining oil mixture, tossing to coat. Bake on baking sheet in 400°F (200°C) oven until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together vinegar, anchovy paste, lemon juice, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; whisk in oil. Add lettuce, tomatoes, croutons and chicken; toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Source : August 2010