Chicken Couscous Wraps with Red Pepper Mayonnaise
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||8 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
In the summer, prepare the couscous and the roasted pepper mayonnaise in the kitchen, then head outside to the barbecue. When it's too cold, grill the chicken on an indoor grill or grill pan.
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupwhole wheat couscous
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupminced fresh parsley
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tsppepper
- 2 2small zucchinizucchinis
- 1 tsp 1tspextra-virgin olive oil
- 4 4large whole wheat flour tortillawhole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup 1cupalfalfa sprouts
- Red Pepper Mayonnaise:
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupchopped roasted red pepperroasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Pinch 1Pinchcayenne pepper
In saucepan, bring 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and pinch of the salt to boil. Remove from heat and stir in couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Stir in parsley.
Red Pepper Mayonnaise:
Meanwhile, in food processor, whirl red pepper with mayonnaise until smooth; stir in garlic and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
Sprinkle chicken with pepper and half of the remaining salt. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until no longer pink inside, about 12 minutes. Remove to cutting board; cut into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices.
Meanwhile, diagonally cut zucchini into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices; brush with oil and sprinkle with remaining salt. Grill over medium-high heat, turning once, until translucent and grill-marked, about 4 minutes.
Cut tortillas in half; spread each half with red pepper mayonnaise. Layer couscous, chicken, zucchini and sprouts down centre. Roll up sides to form cone; secure bottom with waxed paper or long toothpicks.
Source : Everyday Favourites: 2005