Chicken Drumsticks with Apple Stout Barbecue Sauce
This recipe makes 6 servings
|per each of 6 servings: about||-|
|total fat||11 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cook time : 50 min
- Total time : PT60M
- Portion size: 4-6
This recipe makes double the sauce you need. Refrigerate remaining sauce for up to one month.
- 2 lb 2lbchicken drumstickchicken drumsticks Apple Stout Barbecue Sauce:
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
- 1 1oniononions, chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsStout beer, porter or other dark beer
- 1 cup 1cupunsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupeach maple syrup, and cooking molasses
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcider vinegar
- 1 can (5 oz/156 mL) 1can (5 oz/156 mL)tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
Apple Stout Barbecue Sauce: In saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat; sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add stout, applesauce, maple syrup, molasses, vinegar, tomato paste and salt.
In batches, transfer to blender and purée until smooth. Pass through fine sieve into clean pot. Bring to simmer over medium heat; cook until thickened and reduced to about 3 cups (750 mL), 15 to 20 minutes.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium heat. Close lid and grill, turning every 10 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced, about 30 minutes.
Brush chicken with half of the sauce; grill, uncovered and turning often, until glazed, about 5 minutes.
Source : August 2010