Chicken Peanut Noodles
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||18 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 4
Finicky kids devour this dish. It's perfect for trying something new for the family, or those evenings you yearn for fast Asian flavours.
- 12 oz 12ozwhole wheat spaghetti
- 2 2carrotcarrots, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp 2tspvegetable oil
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuphoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupsmooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp 2tbspcider vinegar
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsphot pepper sauce
- 4 cups 4cupsleaf lettuce, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2cupsbean sprouts
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupred onionred onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1cupfresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuproasted peanuts, chopped
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, about 8 minutes. Add carrots; cook for 30 seconds. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside in colander.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken until browned and no longer pink inside, 4 minutes.
In large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup (125 mL) water, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, vinegar, garlic and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Add pasta mixture, chicken and any accumulated juices, lettuce (if using), bean sprouts, onion and 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the coriander; toss. Sprinkle with peanuts and remaining coriander.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: February 2004