Chicken with Mango Chutney and Brie
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
- Portion size: 4
Just because it's from your freezer doesn't mean it has to be an everyday meal. This chicken is fancy enough to make you feel like you're dining out.
- 4 4chicken breast, boneless, skinlesschicken breasts, boneless, skinless, (about 1-1/4 lb/625 g)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupDijon mustard
- 2 2minced cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach of salt and pepper
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupdry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupmango chutney or apricot jam, warmed
- 4 oz 4ozBrie cheese, sliced
Place chicken between waxed paper; pound to scant 1/2-inch (1 cm) thickness.
In small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of chicken. In shallow dish, press chicken into bread crumbs, turning to coat.
In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry chicken until golden and no longer pink inside, 4 minutes per side.
Make-Ahead Meal: Transfer chicken to four 8- x 5-inch (20 x 12 cm) baking dishes or foil pans. Drizzle with mango chutney; top with Brie. Cover with foil; overwrap with heavy-duty foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
Thaw in refrigerator and remove heavy-duty foil. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until hot and cheese is bubbly, about 18 minutes.
Additional information :
Tonight's Dinner: Follow first 3 paragraphs. Transfer chicken to 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Drizzle with mango chutney; top with Brie. Cover with foil; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven until hot, 15 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2003