Chilled Tomato and Zucchini Soup with Yogurt
This recipe makes 10 servings
- Portion size: 8 to 10
Serve this pretty summer soup in clear glasses.
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter
- 2 cups 2cupschopped oniononions
- 3 cups 3cupsseeded and chopped, peeled tomatoes
- 2 cups 2cupschopped, peeled zucchinizucchinis, (about 3/4 lb/375g)
- 1 tbsp 1tbspchopped fresh basil
- 2-1/2 cups 2-1/2cupschicken stock
- 2 cups 2cupsplain yogurt
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 1 pinch 1pinchfreshly ground pepper
- 10 10fresh whole basil leaffresh whole basil leaves
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter and cook onions until tender and translucent, about 8 minutes. Add tomatoes and zucchini; cook, without browning, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped basil and stock; cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring periodically, for 30 minutes.
Puree soup in blender, food mill or food processor. Transfer to bowl and chill.
Before serving, stir in yogurt, and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into chilled glasses and garnish with basil leaves.