Chilly Cauliflower Vichyssoise
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 6
Add cauliflower to this French favourite and you still have the creamy cool colour plus a boost of delicate cauliflower flavour.
- 2 tsp 2tspbutter
- 1 1chopped leekleeks, white part only
- 1 1minced clove garliccloves of garlic
- pinch pinchnutmeg
- 1 1bay leafbay leaves
- 1-1/2 cup 1-1/2cupchicken stock
- 4 cups 4cupscauliflower floretcauliflower florets
- 1 small 1smallpeeled and cubed potatopotatoes
- 1 cup 1cupmilk
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspwhite pepper
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh chivefresh chives
In large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; cook leek, garlic, nutmeg and bay leaf, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until leek is softened but not colored.
Add chicken stock; bring to boil. Add cauliflower and potato. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Discard bay leaf.
Transfer soup, in batches, to food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Whisk in milk, salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until chilled. (Soup can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours.) Ladle into chilled bowls; sprinkle with chives.