Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Portion size: 8 waffles, or 8 to 16 servings
This recipe makes 8 waffles, or 8-16 servings servings
|Per waffle: about||-|
|total fat||14 g|
|sat. fat||6 g|
Waffle irons are quite affordable and easy to use – perfect for any household with kids. Serve with maple syrup and bananas in winter or fresh berries in summer.
- 2 cups 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2 tsp 2tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 2 2eggeggs
- 2 cups 2cupsbuttermilk
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupbutter, melted
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupmini chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp 2tbspvegetable oil
1. In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In small bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter; pour over flour mixture, sprinkle with chocolate chips and stir just until combined.
3. Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. For each waffle, brush iron lightly with some of the oil; pour in 1/2 cup (125 mL) batter, spreading to edges. Close lid and cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp, golden and steam stops. (Make-ahead: Let cool. Wrap individually and freeze in airtight container for up to 1 month. Reheat in toaster.)
Additional information : Variations
Blueberry Waffles: Replace chocolate chips with 1 cup (250 mL) fresh blueberries.
Whole Wheat Pecan Waffles: Replace 1 cup (250 mL) of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour; replace chocolate chips with 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2008