Chocolate Cupcakes With Double-Chocolate Icing
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total time : 18 minutes
- Portion size: 12 cupcakes
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes servings
|Per cupcake: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||11 g|
- 2 oz 2ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupstrong coffee or water
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupmilk
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupcocoa powder
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupunsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2 2eggeggs
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 1 cup 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspbaking powder
- 1/8 tsp 1/8tspsalt Double-Chocolate Icing:
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupunsalted butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupsicing sugar
- 1 pinch 1pinchsalt
- 2 oz 2ozmilk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 oz 1ozunsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp 1tspmilk, (approx)
In heatproof bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with coffee, whisking until smooth. Whisk milk with cocoa until smooth; stir into chocolate mixture.
In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; beat in vanilla.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with chocolate mixture, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of chocolate, stirring until no streaks remain.
Divide among 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool completely.
Double-Chocolate Icing: In bowl, beat together butter, icing sugar and salt until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in milk and unsweetened chocolates; beat in milk until smooth, adding up to 1 tsp (5 mL) more if necessary. Spread over cupcakes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: January 2011