Chocolate Pate with Fig Topping
This recipe makes 8 servings
- Portion size: 8
- 8 oz 8ozbittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupunsalted butter
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupicing sugar
- 4 4egg yolkegg yolks
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhipping cream Fig Topping:
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupwater
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuporange liqueur
- 3 tbsp 3tbsporange juice concentrate
- 4 4fresh green figfresh green figs, quartered
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tsplemon juice
- 16 16fresh raspberryfresh raspberries
Line 5-3/4-x 3-1/4-inch (625 mL) loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside.
In saucepan, melt together chocolate, butter and sugar over medium-low heat until smooth. Whisk in egg yolks, one at a time; cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until thickened and glossy. Transfer to large bowl; let cool to room temperature.
In separate bowl, whip cream; fold one-quarter into chocolate. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Spoon into prepared loaf pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or until firm. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 2 days.) To unmould, gently pull on plastic wrap to loosen top edge of pate from pan; unmould onto cutting board. Cut into 8 slices.
Fig Topping: Meanwhile, in saucepan, bring sugar, water, orange liqueur and orange juice concentrate to boil; boil for 5 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes to cool slightly. Stir in figs and lemon juice. Spoon onto 8 dessert plates; top with slice of pate. Sprinkle plate with raspberries.