Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce
|Per 1/4 cup (50 mL): about||-|
- Portion size: 2-1/2 cups (625 mL)
Enjoy this on its own or spoon it over pancakes or porridge. Leave the skins on the apples for colour and more fibre or peel them if you prefer.
- 2 2golden delicious applegolden delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup 1cupchopped frozen rhubarb or fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupfrozen strawberries or fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2 tsp 2tspgrated orange rind
- 1/3 cup 1/3cuporange juice
In saucepan, combine apples and 1 tbsp (15 mL) water; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Stir in rhubarb, strawberries, sugar and orange rind and juice; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until rhubarb is softened, about 10 minutes. Serve warm or cool.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: April 2004