Coconut Curry Meatballs
This recipe makes 4 servings
- Portion size: 4
Serve with: Egg noodles; sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupfresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwater
- 1 1eggeggs
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 lb 1lblean ground beef
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupchopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp 2tbspminced gingerroot
- 1 1oniononions, finely chopped
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced Sauce:
- 1 can 1cancoconut milk
- 1 cup 1cupchicken stock
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 1 1sweet red peppersweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1tbspmild Thai red curry paste or yellow mild Thai curry paste or mild Indian curry paste
In bowl, combine fresh bread crumbs with water; let stand until absorbed, about 5 minutes. Beat in egg, garlic, salt, pepper, coriander and gingerroot. Mix in beef. Roll by rounded tablespoonfuls into balls.
Brush large nonstick skillet with vegetable oil; heat over medium-high heat. Brown meatballs, in batches, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl.
Drain any fat from pan. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
Add coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, sweet red pepper and Thai or Indian curry paste; simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 25 minutes. Return meatballs and any accumulated juices to pan; simmer, turning meatballs occasionally, until no longer pink inside and sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: March 2003