Coconut Curry Mussels
This recipe makes 4 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||13 g|
|sat. fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 4
Add an intriguing flavour twist to your barbecuing season with these mussels in a delicious broth – straight from the grill. Asian Home Gourmet Thai red curry paste, available in a pouch, is a little milder than most other supermarket Thai curry pastes.
- 3 lb 3lbmusselmussels, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp 2tbspshredded fresh basil or fresh coriander Coconut Curry Sauce:
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupcoconut milk
- 2 tsp 2tspgrated gingerroot
- 2 tsp 2tspmild Thai red curry paste
- 1 1clove garliccloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1plum tomatoplum tomatoes, finely diced
Arrange mussels in foil roasting pan.
Coconut Curry Sauce: In small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, ginger, curry paste, garlic and tomato; pour over mussels. Cover with foil.
Place on grill over high heat. Close lid and grill, shaking pan twice, until mussels open, 5 to 10 minutes. Discard any that do not open. Sprinkle with basil.
Additional information : Variation
Mussels in Beer: Omit basil and Coconut Curry Sauce. Pour 3/4 cup (175 mL) beer over mussels. Sprinkle with 3 cloves garlic, minced; 1 shallot or small onion, finely chopped; and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme. Grill as directed. Sprinkle with 2 green onions, chopped.
Source : Get Grilling: Summer 2007