Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- Portion size: 24 cupcakes
This recipe makes 24 cupcakes servings
|Per cupcake: about||-|
|total fat||19 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
This simple recipe is egg-free, and the cupcakes themselves are also dairy-free. A cupcake saver is perfect for transporting these to your sale.
- 3 cups 3cupsall-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2cupsgranulated sugar
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupcocoa powder
- 2 tsp 2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 2 cups 2cupscold decaf coffeedecaf coffee or water
- 1 cup 1cupvegetable oil
- 2 tsp 2tspvanilla
- 3 tbsp 3tbspcider vinegar Icing:
- 1 cup 1cupunsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups 4cupsicing sugar
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupwhipping cream or milk
- 1 tsp 1tspvanilla
- 4 4chocolate sandwich cookieschocolate sandwich cookieschocolate sandwich cookies, (such as Oreo), finely chopped Garnish:
- 6 6chocolate sandwich cookieschocolate sandwich cookieschocolate sandwich cookies, (such as Oreo), quartered.
In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk in coffee, oil and vanilla. Stir in vinegar. Pour into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove to rack and let cool completely.
Icing: In large bowl, beat together butter, icing sugar, cream and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in chopped sandwich cookies. Spread over tops of cupcakes.
Garnish: Garnish each cupcake with cookie quarter. (Make-ahead: Seal in airtight container for up to 2 days.)
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2011