Corn and Tomato Rice Casserole
This recipe makes 6 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 4 to 6
With the handy rice mix in the freezer and a few fixings in the pantry, this casserole takes only a few minutes to prepare before baking.
- 6 cups 6cupsRice and Vegetable Base
- 1 1zucchinizucchinis, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) 1can (14 oz/398 mL)creamed corn
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) 1can (19 oz/540 mL)red kidney beanred kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup 1cupcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupchopped green oniongreen onions, (125mL)
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspdried oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
- 1 cup 1cuppasta sauce
- 1 cup 1cupshredded Monterey Jack cheese, (or Cheddar cheese)
In bowl, combine Rice and Vegetable Base, zucchini, creamed corn, kidney beans, corn kernels, onions, Parmesan cheese, oregano and pepper. Pour into 13- x 9-inch (3 L) glass baking dish. Spread pasta sauce over top; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until casserole is bubbly, about 30 minutes.