Cornmeal and Whole Wheat Quick Bread
This recipe makes 12 slices servings
|Per slice: about||-|
|total fat||12 g|
|sat. fat||7 g|
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time : 50 minutes
- Total time : PT60M
- Portion size: 1 loaf, 12 slices
- 1-1/4 cups 1-1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupwhole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup 1/2cupcornmeal
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupwheat bran
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuppacked brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp 1-1/2tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupbuttermilk
- 2/3 cup 2/3cupbutter, melted
- 3 tbsp 3tbspliquid honey
- 2 2eggeggs
In bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, all but 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the cornmeal, the wheat bran, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
In large bowl, stir together buttermilk, butter, honey and eggs; stir in flour mixture. Scrape into parchment paper–lined 8- x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pan; sprinkle with remaining cornmeal.
Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool on rack.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: September 2010