Crab and Lemon Fettuccine
This recipe makes 4 servings
|per serving: about||-|
|total fat||9 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 4
Quick enough for weeknights, this dish also makes for easy entertaining. If frozen crabmeat is unavailable, use 2 cans (4.23 oz/120 g each) chunk crabmeat, drained.
- 12 oz 12ozfettuccine
- 2 tbsp 2tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 1/2sweet red peppersweet red peppers, diced
- 1 1shallotshallots or small onion, finely chopped
- 2 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgrated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh dill
- 1 pkg (7oz/200 g) 1pkg (7oz/200 g)frozen crabmeat, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspsalt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tsppepper
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until tender but firm, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and return to pot, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) of the cooking water.
Meanwhile, in large skillet or shallow saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; cook red pepper, shallot and garlic, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes.
Add lemon rind and juice, dill, crabmeat, salt and pepper; cook until crabmeat is hot, about 3 minutes.
Add crabmeat mixture to drained pasta; toss to coat. If desired, add enough of the reserved cooking water to moisten.
Source : Canadian Living Special Issue: Pasta by the Season 2004