This recipe makes 20 servings
|Per piece: about||-|
|total fat||3 g|
|sat. fat||1 g|
- Portion size: 20
Tender pepper boats hold a creamy crab filling topped with crisp crumbs.
- 10 10large fresh jalapeño pepperfresh jalapeño peppers, (8 oz/250 g)
- 1 pkg ( 10 oz/300g) 1pkg ( 10 oz/300g)frozen crabmeat, thawed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/4cuplight sour cream
- 1 1egg yolkegg yolks
- 2 2green oniongreen onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2tsplemon juice
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspdry mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupfresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp 2tbspbutter, melted
Wearing rubber gloves, cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact. With small knife, scrape out seeds and membranes. Set jalapeños aside.
In sieve, drain crab, pressing out as much moisture as possible; pick through to remove any cartilage. Transfer to bowl.
Add mayonnaise, sour cream, egg yolk, green onions, lemon juice, mustard and salt ; pour in half of the bread crumbs and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves.
In small bowl, toss together remaining bread crumbs, parsley and butter; spoon onto filling. Arrange on rimmed baking sheet. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven until topping is golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: December 2004