Cranberry White Chocolate Tarts
This recipe makes 24 servings
|Per tart: about||-|
|total fat||5 g|
|sat. fat||3 g|
- Portion size: 24 tarts
Flaky pastry cups get royal treatment with this rich, creamy filling.
- 1 1Single-Crust All-Purpose Pastry, (recipe link below)
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupdried cranberrydried cranberries
- 2 tbsp 2tbsporange-flavoured liqueur or orange juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspwhipping cream
- 2 oz 2ozwhite chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2tspbutter, softened
Recipe for Single-Crust All-Purpose Pastry >
On floured surface, roll out pastry to 1/8-inch (3 mm) thickness. Using 2-1/2-inch (6 cm) round cutter, cut out 24 circles, rerolling scraps. Fit into 3/4-inch (2 cm) deep mini-tart or muffin tins. Prick with fork; cover and freeze until firm. Bake in centre of 350°F (180°C) oven until golden, 25 minutes. Let cool in pans on rack.
Meanwhile, in saucepan, cover and heat cranberries with liqueur over medium-low heat until steaming; let stand until softened. Finely chop.
In small saucepan, heat cream just until boiling. Remove from heat; whisk in chocolate and butter until melted.
Divide cranberries among tart shells; top with chocolate mixture.Refrigerate until set, 2 hours. (Make-ahead:Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)