Crispy Chicken with Honey Lime Yogurt Sauce
This recipe makes 2 servings
|Per serving: about||-|
|total fat||15 g|
|sat. fat||4 g|
- Portion size: 2
This quick, healthful version of fried chicken is crunchy on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside. Serve with Potato Bean Toss.
- 1 tub (175 g) 1tub (175 g)Balkan-style plain yogurt
- 1 tsp 1tspsmoked or regular mild paprika
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspeach salt and pepper
- 2 2boneless skinless chicken breastboneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp 2tsplime juice or lemon juice
- 1 tsp 1tspliquid honey
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspdried dillweed
- 1/4 cup 1/4cupcornmeal
- 1 tbsp 1tbspvegetable oil
In bowl, combine half of the yogurt, the paprika, salt and pepper; add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
In separate bowl, combine remaining yogurt, lime juice, honey and dill. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate chicken and covered sauce separately for up to 24 hours.)
In shallow bowl, press chicken into cornmeal, turning to coat. In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry chicken, turning once, until crisp, golden and no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2006