Curried Shrimp for Two
This recipe makes 2 servings
|Per serving, about:||-|
|total fat||9 g|
- Portion size: 2
Serve these kabobs with rice and a salad. Peach shortcakes are perfect for dessert.
- 1/2 lb 1/2lbshrimp Marinade:
- 1/2 tsp 1/2tspgrated lime rind
- 2 tbsp 2tbsplime juice
- 2 tbsp 2tbspchopped fresh coriander, or parsley
- 1 tbsp 1tbspolive oil
- 1 tbsp 1tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 1garlic clovegarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1tspcurry powder
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspground cumin
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspcoriander
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1 1small zucchinizucchinis
- 1 1small sweet red pepper
Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tail attached; set aside.
Marinade: In bowl, whisk together lime rind and juice, coriander, oil, sugar, garlic, curry, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Gently stir in shrimp, turning to coat well. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut zucchini and red pepper into bite-size chunks.
Reserving marinade, thread shrimp lengthwise through top and tail end onto skewers, alternating with vegetables. Grill on greased grill over medium-high heat, turning once and basting with remaining marinade, for 8 to 10 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink.