Curry Cashew Thumbprints
This recipe makes 45 cookies servings
|Per cookie: about||-|
|total fat||6 g|
|sat. fat||2 g|
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Portion size: 45 cookies
- 3/4 cup 3/4cupunsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp 2tbspgranulated sugar
- 1 tbsp 1tbspmild curry paste
- 2 2eggeggs, separated
- 1-3/4 cups 1-3/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp 1/4tspsalt
- 1 cup 1cupfinely chopped unsalted cashewunsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup 1/3cupmango chutney
In bowl, beat together butter, sugar and curry paste until fluffy; beat in egg yolks, 1 at a time. In small bowl, whisk flour with salt; stir into butter mixture until combined.
In shallow bowl, whisk egg whites until frothy. Place cashews in separate bowl. Roll dough by scant 1 tbsp (15 mL) into balls; roll each in egg whites, then in cashews to coat.
Arrange, 2 inches (5 cm) apart, on parchment paper–lined baking sheets. Without cracking dough, gently press finger into centre of each to make well.
Bake in 325°F (160°C) oven until browned on bottoms, 20 minutes. Let cool on pans on racks for 5 minutes, reforming wells if necessary. Transfer to racks; let cool.
Fill each well with about 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chutney.
Source : Canadian Living Holiday Cookbook: Fall 2010